PAMED COVID-19 Resource Center
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change our lives and the way you practice each day, PAMED is committed to providing our membership with only the most pertinent and timely updates through this site. Thank you for your commitment to your patients and your membership.
PAMED COVID-19 Briefing:
September 17, 2021
- New Interim Guidance for Health Care Personnel (HCP) Returning to Work After COVID-19 Exposure
This week, the Pennsylvania Department of Health released updates to the Interim guidance related to returning health care personnel (HCP) to work after COVID-19 exposure or infection.
- New COVID Vaccine Education Video Resources Available
The Pennsylvania Department of Health Acting Physician General Dr. Denise Johnson and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Director of the Vaccine Education Center and Professor of Pediatrics Dr. Paul Offit developed a video resource for Pennsylvanians answering questions about vaccine safety.
Access the video here.
- PAMED Sits Down to Discuss the State of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania with Leading State Health Officials
Earlier this week, your PAMED Executive Vice President sat down with Acting Secretary of Health, Alison Beam, and Acting Physician General, Denise Johnson, to discuss the current state of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania.
Important topics discussed:
- Are hospitals prepared for increased need?
- Has PA seen an increase in pediatric cases?
- How does PA compare to other states in vaccine hesitancy and vaccinated numbers?
Members are encouraged to watch the discussion through the link below.
- FDA Booster Meeting Update
At the time of this alert the FDA has voted YES to booster shots in people ages 65 and older and those at high risk. This is under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) and will still need to be approved by the CDC's ACIP.
PAMED is updating the Briefing section of our COVID-19 page. This is where we’ll put the top updates that have happened. If you’d like to receive an email or text when an update is available, you can sign up for either below.
Got COVID-19 Questions? Let us Help
We know there are a lot of questions out there. PAMED members are welcome to use our online form to submit questions.