2017-2018 Academic Year Award
Two scholarships in the amount of $3,000 each will be awarded.
Applications Accepted July 1 - Sept. 30, 2017
The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society is pleased to administer the Lycoming County Medical Society Scholarship for medical students who are residents of Lycoming County. This scholarship is made possible by contributions from Lycoming County physicians. The county’s medical society established the scholarship within the Foundation.
Eligibility for scholarship applicants include the following:
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Applicant must be a resident of Lycoming County in Pennsylvania for at least 12 months prior to registering as a medical student (not including the time spent attending an undergraduate/graduate school in Pennsylvania).
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in a fully accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school within the United States.
- Award winners from the previous year are ineligble to apply.
Applicant must submit the following:
- A completed application form.
- Two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant's integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician.
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant's medical school verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a medical student at their institution.
- A typed one-page essay specifically describing why the applicant chose to become a physician and what contributions he/she expects to make to the health profession.
A PERSONAL INTERVIEW IS NOT REQUIRED; HOWEVER, IT MAY BE REQUESTED.
Application materials must be postmarked by September 30 of the current year. Applicants will be notified of the committee's decision in December of the current year.
For more information contact us at:
Lycoming CMS Scholarship
c/o The Foundation
777 East Park Drive
P.O. Box 8820
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8820
Phone: (717) 558-7852 or (717) 558-7854
Fax: (717) 558-7818