PAMED Employment Opportunities
We are a statewide, member-supported association representing physicians throughout Pennsylvania. We advocate for physicians and their patients in a number of venues, educate physicians through continuing medical education, and provide expert resources and guidance to help physicians and their organizations navigate challenges in today’s ever-evolving health care system.
Who We Are, What We Do
If you thrive on innovation and collaboration, we want to hear from you!
Based in Mechanicsburg, PA, the Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) employs 80 staff members with a wide range of expertise. We’ve been around for over 175 years, but we’re singularly focused on the future – mainly advocating for the interests of all Pennsylvania physicians and their patients.
Equal Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of PAMED to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, possession of a General Educational Development certificate as opposed to a high school diploma, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This commitment applies, but is not limited, to decisions made with respect to hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotions, demotions, transfers, terminations, layoffs, return from layoffs, administration of benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Statement of Reasonable Accommodation
PAMED is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, PAMED will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com or 717-909-2610.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
PAMED staff and physician leadership are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and membership. Our collective communities only stand to benefit and thrive when we celebrate our unique strengths, diverse experiences, and backgrounds.
- Focus on Members: Our Core Values, advocate, educate, and navigate, reflect our support of Physicians and the medical community.
- Focus on Training: Employees are encouraged to attend education/training, so they can improve and grow.
- Focus on Wellness: Employee Assistance Programs are available to all staff providing services to assist with employee wellbeing.
- Health & Life Insurance Benefits: We have competitive health, dental, and vision plans. We also offer a FSA, DCSA, HSA, Group Life, Voluntary Life, and Disability benefits.
- 401(k): The PAMED Retirement Plan is robust and includes match and profit-sharing.
- Work/Life Balance: PAMED is committed to helping employees achieve work/life balance, including a generous Paid Time Off policy, 12 Paid Holidays, and the availability of a flexible work schedule.