PAMED COVID-19 Resource Center
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change our lives and the way you practice each day, PAMED is committed to providing our membership with only the most pertinent and timely updates through this site. Thank you for your commitment to your patients and your membership.
Desktop users: Click on the gray tabs on the left to access more resources on the topics listed on the COVID-19 Resource Center page.
Mobile users: Click/tap on the "COVID-19 Resource Center" button to find more information on a variety of topics - including PPE, testing, and advocacy for physicians.
PAMED COVID-19 Briefing:
August 7, 2020
- Pa. has 758 new cases, bringing statewide total to 117,279 in all 67 Pa. counties. Learn more. View a breakdown of cases here.
- On Monday August 10, from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m., AMA President Dr. Susan Bailey is moderating a session with the FDA commissioner on the critical role of health care professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic. PAMED members can join the meeting by clicking here.
- The Pa. Department of Health shared recommendations for breastfeeding mothers who have tested positive for COVID-19. Learn more
- The Pa. Department of Health issued a PA-HAN alert on Aug. 7 updating interim infection prevention and control recommendations for patients with known or suspected COVID-19 in a health care setting. Read the alert
- PAMED’s Telehealth Reference Sheet was updated on Aug. 7 to reflect Highmark’s updated COVID-19 telehealth policies for commercial and Medicare Advantage plans. View reference sheet
PAMED is updating the Briefing section of our COVID-19 page. This is where we’ll put the top updates that have happened. If you’d like to receive an email or text when an update is available, you can sign up for either below.