The Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) is a physician-led, member-driven organization representing all physicians and medical students throughout the state.
We advocate for physicians and their patients, educate physicians through continuing medical education, and provide expert resources and guidance to help physicians and their organizations navigate challenges in today’s ever-evolving health care system.
Physicians pay an annual membership fee. Most non-members are eligible for $95 introductory offer – see if you qualify.
PAMED represents physician/patient interests with state government and insurance companies. We believe medicine is an art and that physicians should have the autonomy to provide their patients with the personalized care they deserve.
Physician members develop and update PAMED policy positions every October at our House of Delegates. Physician members of our Board of Trustees, who are elected by the House of Delegates, oversee PAMED operations throughout the year.
- PAMED members have access to 30+ hours of online continuing medical education (CME) courses (valued at $1,400) that help physicians meet state requirements for license renewal, including the requirements for child abuse reporting, opioid, and patient safety/risk management. See our online CME catalog.
- PAMED also offers an array of leadership training that ranges from one-time online courses to a comprehensive year-round academy to customized training that can be brought to your location.
PAMED resources for physicians and medical students include:
- Legal Resources Center – Timely advocacy and guidance on medical legal issues.
- Practice Support Team – Personalized guidance on a wide range of reimbursement and regulatory compliance issues.
- News You Can Use – Physician-focused health care news through these PAMED communications channels:
- The Dose e-newsletter – weekly e-newsletter for members
- Pennsylvania Physician – print magazine that comes out three times per year
- Social Media – daily updates on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Insurance Services – Discounted prices on professional liability, group medical, life, Medicare, and business insurance through partnerships with NORCAL and The Glatfelter Agency.
- MACRA/MIPS Resources & Clinically Integrated Networks – The Care Centered Collaborative at PAMED offers resources for medical practices to succeed in value-based care arrangements.
PAMED works in partnership with a number of affiliates and subsidiaries, including: