Optimizing Professional Performance
From Surviving to Thriving
April - November 2024
- Are your relationships with patients or coworkers strained or difficult?
- Are you overwhelmed, frustrated, or undermined by forces such as EMR, staffing shortages, bullying, office politics, mergers, or finances, and your feelings manifest in unprofessional attitudes or behaviors?
- Are you looking for skills to help you cope and succeed in today’s challenging healthcare environment and improve your interactions with others?
Description: This longitudinal program is focused on (1) recognizing disruptive behaviors and interactions that undermine workplace culture and teamwork and (2) building coping, communication, and teamwork skills that empower physicians to thrive in today’s tumultuous health care landscape.
Goal: To provide opportunities for self-reflection and concrete take home actions to change disruptive behaviors and do so in a way that is sustainable and noticeable to the participant and others at the workplace.
Structure: The series will be delivered through a combination of weekend in-person courses at PAMED, personalized coaching sessions based on participant and/or organizational feedback, and a virtual platform for online learning including but not limited to discussions and reading assignments in between sessions/coaching interactions.
Required Onsite Coursework at PAMED, Mechanicsburg, PA:
- Saturday, April 27, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, April 28, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday, June 8, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Organization Referrals: Please email email@example.com for registration instructions.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with general program questions.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society designates this other activity (Professionalism Series) for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
No one involved in the planning or delivery of this activity has any relevant financial relationships to disclose.