By becoming a member of the Pennsylvania Medical Society, you're helping advance quality patient care, the ethical practice of medicine, and advocating for your colleagues and patients.
Areas that your membership dues support:
- PAMED addresses physician and patient challenges through advocacy with the state legislature. Priorities in 2017 as determined by our Board of Trustees include:
- Legislation that increases transparency and shortens wait times for the prior authorization process with insurance plans.
- Legislation that maintains the physician-patient relationship and enables telemedicine services to be reimbursed the same as face-to-face patient encounters, while ensuring safeguards and standards.
- Promoting common sense opioid legislation that protects your clinical autonomy.
- Physician-led team-based care policies that emphasize increased coordination over provider autonomy.
- PAMED defends the rights of Pennsylvania physicians in the courts through amicus curiae briefs or directly through litigation.
- Receive help with health-law related questions.
- Gain access a myriad of legal resources on topics such as:
- Physician Contracts
- Child Abuse Reporting
- Pennsylvania's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP)
- HIPAA and Medical Records
Contract Review Service
- Receive discounted rates on personalized advice for employment contracts, which include a legal review and compensation analysis.
- Take a leadership role at your practice, hospital, or health system through PAMED leadership training.
- Access more than 60 online CME courses.
- Free registration to Annual Education Conference included with membership.
- PAMED builds relationships with payers, and works with member practices to leverage relationships to remedy ongoing challenges.
- Practice manager meetings offered onsite and online every spring and fall to keep members updated on important topics and challenges.
- Guidance on topics like compliance, billing and coding, and compensation.
Practice Solutions for MACRA
- PAMED members receive discounts on MACRA-MIPS management services through our subsidiary, the Care Centered Collaborative.
Stay connected: Get valuable updates with PAMED's weekly email (The Dose),
Pennsylvania Physician Magazine,
Physician Advocate monthly newsletter, and mobile app.
Questions? Call our membership team at 855-PAMED4U or email us.
Pennsylvania Medical Society Refund Policy - The Pennsylvania Medical Society does not provide membership refunds after 7 business days. Adjustments will be made for overpayments or duplicate payments.