Last Updated: Jan 9, 2019
Clinicians participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) – one of the two performance tracks of Medicare’s Quality Payment Program (QPP) – can now submit 2018 performance year data through the QPP website.
Clinicians and practices should be aware of these MIPS data submission dates and deadlines:
- Data Submission Via the QPP Website – The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) says that data can be submitted and updated any time via the QPP website at qpp.cms.gov through April 2, 2019.
- Quality Data Reporting Using the CMS Web Interface – Group practices who elected to submit Quality performance category data through the CMS Web Interface are required to submit Quality data between Jan. 22 and March 22, 2019.
- Quality Data Reporting Using Part B Claims – If you reported Quality measures via Medicare Part B claims, then CMS will receive your quality data from claims processed by your Medicare Administrative Contractor. Claims for services furnished during 2018 must be processed within 60 days after the end of the 2018 performance period.
Login Process for QPP Website Has Changed
CMS recently changed the login process for the QPP website. Previously, clinicians logged in to the QPP site using their credentials from the Enterprise Identity Management System (EIDM). Now, clinicians will be required to use the new HCQIS Authorization Roles and Profile (HARP) System to log in and submit data.
Here’s what this change means for individuals submitting MIPS performance data:
- If you already had an EIDM account, you were automatically transitioned to HARP and can use your existing EIDM user ID and password to log in to the QPP site.
- If you currently have a security official role for your organization(s), you’ll now approve requests by signing in to the QPP website, instead of through the CMS Enterprise Portal. Security officials can also use their existing EIDM user ID and password to sign in to the QPP.
- If you do not have an EIDM account, you can enroll with HARP now.
CMS’ 2018 QPP Access User Guide has details on registering for a HARP account and how security officials can manage access.
Questions on MIPS data submission can be submitted to the Quality Payment Program at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222).
The Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) offers a comprehensive guide to the QPP’s 2018 performance year. Get our “MACRA Made Simple” guide.
PAMED members with questions can also contact our Knowledge Center at 855-PAMED4U (855-726-3348) or KnowledgeCenter@pamedsoc.org.