Physicians and other eligible clinicians who are participating in MACRA's Quality Payment Program (QPP) can now submit their 2017 performance year data.
Additional QPP Resources
It’s not too late to participate in MIPS and avoid a penalty for
2017! The Care Centered Collaborative at the Pennsylvania Medical Society offers
a MIPS Reporting Solution that can help you avoid a 4 percent penalty and earn
a bonus. To get started, contact Anita Brazill at 570-702-1152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. And, get
details online here.
Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) members with questions on QPP
reporting can also contact our Knowledge Center at 855-PAMED4U (855-726-3348)
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced that the performance period began on Jan. 2, 2018, and will continue through March 31, 2018. Groups of 25 or more clinicians who have opted to use the CMS Web Interface for data submission should be aware, however, that the CMS Web Interface submission period is shorter and runs from Jan. 22, 2018, to March 16, 2018.
Eligible clinicians will be required to log into the QPP system using the correct Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) credentials. After logging in, each eligible clinician will be connected to the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) associated with their National Provider Identifier (NPI). Eligible clinicians will report data either as an individual or a group.
To sign in to the QPP and begin submitting data, visit qpp.cms.gov/login.
CMS encourages clinicians and groups to log in early and often as a way to become familiar with the system and to potentially identify underperforming measures. As eligible clinicians enter data, they will see real-time initial scoring for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) performance categories based on their submissions.
Data submission options for MIPS are as follows:
- Attestation (Available for Improvement Activities and Advancing Care Information performance categories)
- Claims (Available for the Quality performance category if you are submitting MIPS data as an individual clinician)
- CMS-approved survey vendors for the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and System (CAHPS) for MIPS survey (Available if you're reporting as a group with two or more eligible clinicians)
- CMS Web Interface (Available to groups of 25 or more eligible clinicians who registered to use the CMS Web Interface by the June 30, 2017, deadline)
- Electronic Health Record via Health IT Vendor
- Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR)
- Qualified Registry
For more details on data submission, creating an EIDM account, and more, download CMS's "Submitting 2017 Transition Year Data to the Quality Payment Program" Fact Sheet here.
If you're not sure whether you're required to submit data under MIPS for 2017, find out using CMS' MIPS Participation Status Tool.
Eligible clinicians who need assistance with the data submission system may contact the Quality Payment Program by email at email@example.com or toll free at 1-866-288-8292.