Women Physicians Section
The Women Physicians Section (WPS) was created by the PAMED House of Delegates in October 2018 to encourage women physicians to participate in leadership, policymaking, advocacy, and other activities of PAMED. Prior to becoming an official Section, it was known as the Women Physicians Caucus.
The goals of the WPS are to create a forum for members to:
- Learn about effective networking
- Voice concerns and share common experiences
- Educate and encourage paths to leadership roles in organized and academic medicine
- Establish a network of women physician leaders
- Advocate to advance PAMED policy on issues affecting women as well as advise the PAMED Board on such issues