Take the following steps to complete this CME activity:
- Read intouch, Vol. 12, No. 3 PDF.
- Review the reflection rating sheet.
- The the assessment by following the link at the end of the PDF.
Non-members can purchase this course by clicking on the "purchase" button at the top of the page.
Due to some variations in browsers and personal settings, we are hearing that a few users are unable to access the links to the CME assessments. If you are unable to access the link in the PDF, please email KnowledgeCenter@pamedsoc.org and let us know what issue you are working on and we will be happy to resolve this issue on an individual level.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Improve the skills required to better understand and assess patient behaviors and motivations
- Evaluate their own behaviors and emotions and understand how they affect the outcomes of difficult encounters with patients
- Implement strategies that allow them to accomplish the goal of maintaining good relationships with patients, while at the same time practicing good medicine
Accreditation and designation information
The Pennsylvania Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring material.
Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of continuing medical education activities sponsored by the Pennsylvania Medical Society are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentation(s).
Activity Development Team
- Tracey Glenn, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P (Author and Planning Committee).
- Gaspere Geraci, MD, FAAFP, FAIHQ, CHCQM, FABQUARP, CPE (Author and Planning Committee).
- Sherry Migliore, MPA, FACMPE, FACHE (Author and Planning Committee).
- Colleen Kennedy, CPC-A (Author and Planning Committee)
- Barbara A. Dugan is Associate Director, CME for the Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Leslie Howell is Director of CME, Training, and Physician Leadership Programs for the Pennsylvania Medical Society (Planning Committee.)
The members of the Activity Development Team have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This activity was designed to comply with state CME requirements for patient-safety CME.
Enduring material posted: Jan. 27, 2015
Enduring material expires: Dec. 31, 2017