Take the following steps to complete this CME activity:
- Read Managing Risk, Vol. 6, No. 1 PDF.
- Review the reflection rating sheet.
- Take the assessment by following the link at the end of the PDF.
Non-members can purchase this course by clicking on the "purchase" button at the top of the page.
Due to some variations in browsers and personal settings, we are hearing that a few users are unable to access the links to the CME assessments. If you are unable to access the link in the PDF, please email KnowledgeCenter@pamedsoc.org and let us know what issue you are working on and we will be happy to resolve this issue on an individual level.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Adopt and apply appropriate processes and protocols to improve your communication with patients whom you consider challenging.
- Take steps to properly withdraw from the care of a patient if your relationship is so difficult that the effectiveness of care is compromised.
- Document evaluation and treatment, discussion, and care decisions in clear and unbiased language.
Accreditation and designation information
The Pennsylvania Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society designates this enduring material for a maximum of
1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the educational activity.
Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of continuing medical education activities sponsored by the Pennsylvania Medical Society are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentation(s).
Activity Development Team
- Karen K. Davis, MA, CPHRM, Risk Management Research Specialist, PMSLIC Insurance Co.—writer and editor
- Jo Townson, CME Manager, NORCAL Mutual Insurance Co.—activity and content reviewer
- Dustin Shaver, Vice President, Risk Management, NORCAL Mutual—content reviewer
- Paula Snyder, RN, CPHRM, Manager, Risk Management, PMSLIC Insurance Co.—content reviewer
- Leslie Howell, PAMED, Director CME, Training & Physician Leadership Programs—planning committee
- Barbara Dugan, PAMED, Associate Director, CME—planning committee
The members of the Activity Development Team have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This activity was designed to comply with state CME requirements for patient-safety CME.
Enduring material posted: July 17, 2015
Enduring material expires: Dec. 31, 2017