To use the educational portions of the Pennsylvania Medical Society website, it is suggested that you have the following hardware and software.
Desktops and laptops:
- Windows, Vista, 7 or 8, 10'
- Mac OSX 10.6 or higher
- Soundcard and Speakers (some activities include audio)
- PAMED has several multimedia programs that require sound and speakers
- Make sure your firewalls are not blocking any streaming media
- A high-speed Internet. Slow internet connections will result with poor video and response times need to effectively view content.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Free Download)
- Internet Explorer 8+, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari
- Some activities require Adobe Flash Player (Free Download)
- Some activities require Microsoft Office products like MS Word or MS PowerPoint
- Your web browser software must be configured to accept cookies
- Mobile devices and tablets
- iPhone, iPad and iTouch devices: OS version 5 or higher
- Android devices including tablets and phones
- Windows RT and tablets on Windows 8
Important: If you are planning to view any online course from a place of work, it is HIGHLY recommended that you first check with your IT department and/or Network Administrator to make sure that ...
- You are allowed access to install programs on your computer and
- Are allowed access to view online streaming media.