Last Updated: Oct 7, 2020
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced that $20 billion in CARES Act Provider Relief Funding under a Phase 3 General Distribution allocation. HHS will accept Phase 3 applications through Nov. 6, 2020.
HHS says that Phase 3 payments are designed to balance a payment of two percent of annual revenue from patient care for all applicants, plus an add-on payment to account for revenue losses and expenses attributable to COVID-19.
Health care providers who have already received funding via previous Provider Relief Fund payments can apply. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early to expedite HHS’ review process.
Submit applications via HHS’ Provider Relief Fund Application and Attestation Portal here.
Who Is Eligible?
HHS says that eligible providers for Phase 3 funding include:
- Providers who previously received, rejected, or accepted a Provider Relief Fund payment. Those who have already received payments of approximately two percent of annual revenue from patient care may submit more information to become eligible for an additional payment.
- Behavioral health providers, including those that previously received funding and new providers.
- Providers who began practicing Jan. 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020. Previous rounds of funding excluded these individuals.
Find complete details on eligibility requirements on HHS’ Provider Relief webpage here.
Payment determinations will be based on the following criteria:
- Whether the applicant has received Provider Relief Fund payments equal to approximately two percent of patient care revenue from previous rounds of CARES Act funding – Applicants that have not yet received payments of 2 percent of patient revenue will receive a payment that, when combined with prior payments (if any), equals 2 percent of patient care revenue.
- Add on payment – With the remaining balance of the $20 billion in available funding, HHS will calculate an add-on payment that considers a provider’s change in operating revenues and operating expenses from patient care. HHS will also consider payments the applicant has already received through previous rounds of funding.
All those who receive Phase 3 payments will be required to attest to receiving payment and to accept terms and conditions.
Read HHS’ press release announcing Phase 3 funding here. For step-by-step information on the application process, view HHS’ instructions for Phase 3 General Distribution Application here.
Get more details on the CARES Act Provider Relief Funds by visiting HHS’ CARES Act Provider Relief Fund webpage for providers here.