Last Updated: Jan 9, 2020
Clinicians participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) – one of the two performance tracks of Medicare’s Quality Payment Program (QPP) – can now submit 2019 performance year data through the QPP website.
Here are a few key highlights about the submission period to keep in mind:
- Data Submission through the Quality Payment Program Website – The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) opened the MIPS data submission period on Jan. 2, 2020. Data can be submitted and updated until 8 p.m. on March 31, 2020.
- CMS Web Interface Data Reporting – The reporting period for pre-registered group practices, Accountable Care Organization (ACO), and virtual groups submitting data through the CMS web interface has also begun and will remain open through March 31.
- Quality Measure Reporting Via Medicare Part B Claims – Physicians and practices reporting Quality performance measures via Medicare Part B claims were submitted throughout the 2019 performance period. For preliminary feedback on Part B claims measure data processed to date, log in to your account at qpp.cms.gov/login. CMS will update this feedback at the end of the submission period with claims processed by your Medicare Administrative Contractor within the 60-day run out period.
- Checking Your Final MIPS Eligibility Status – Clinicians who are not sure whether they are eligible to participate in MIPS for the 2019 performance year can check their final status using the QPP Participation Tool here.
How to Submit Your 2019 MIPS Data
Submit data using the following steps:
- Visit the QPP website at qpp.cms.com/login.
- Sign in using your QPP access credentials – To sign in and submit data, clinicians will need to register in the HCQIS Authorization Roles and Profile (HARP) system. CMS offers information on HARP enrollment in this QPP Access User Guide.
- Submit your MIPS data for the 2019 performance period or review the data reported on your behalf by a third party.
CMS offers more information about submitting data in the Quality Payment Program Resource Library here. Questions can be directed to the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. or via e-mail at email@example.com. CMS recommends calling during non-peak hours before 10 a.m. or after 2 p.m.
Free technical assistance is also available to small practices through CMS’ Small, Underserved, and Rural Support initiative. In Pennsylvania, Quality Insights provides small practice assistance through this program. Get contact information for Quality Insights here.
Pennsylvania Medical Society members with questions can also contact our Knowledge Center at 855-726-3348 or KnowledgeCenter@pamedsoc.org.