Changes Coming for State PDMP
Last Updated: Apr 29, 2021
Pennsylvania is expected to move to a new Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) system in July 2021. The new system – Logicoy Software as Service (SaaS) – will provide:
- Integration with provider EHRs and pharmacy systems
- Enhanced user interface with easier to interpret reports, visual representations, and charts
- Improved compliance features that will ensure pharmacies are reporting timely, accurate data, which will be gathered into and monitored by a dashboard
- The ability to verify that providers are querying for a patient prior to prescribing
- Improved ability for providers to see their own comparative prescribing data and trends
This change is not expected to burden pharmacies and will not be significantly different than the system they are using now. The transition is expected to be smooth, rolling current PDMP accounts into the new system seamlessly.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) will keep its members updated throughout the transition if and when there is additional information for providers.