Last Updated: Jun 8, 2021
The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) is seeking comments from physicians and other stakeholders on its workgroup’s Draft Standards for Continuing Certification.
The public comment period is currently underway, and will end July 8, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST.
How can I comment? The ABMS is collecting stakeholder comments through an online survey. Please note, this survey is substantive and thus may take some time to complete, depending on which of the Standards you choose to comment on.
The ABMS survey is divided into five sections:
- Introduction and Organization of the Document
- Standards 1-9 focus on general information such as program goals, requirements for Continuing Certification, etc.
- Standards 10-11 focus on Verification of Professional Standing
- Standards 12-17 focus on Lifelong Learning
- Standards 18-20 focus on Improving Health and Health Care
You can provide feedback on a single Standard or comment on multiple Standards.
As you go through the survey, each Standard is listed along with commentary from ABMS and offers a rating scale and comment box (150 words max). You rate each Standard using the following scale:
- Satisfactory as written
- Satisfactory, minor revisions needed
- Unsatisfactory, major revisions needed
- No Opinion
ABMS is also seeking potential volunteers for a focus group aimed at gathering additional feedback. If you would like to be considered for the focus group, you have the option to indicate your willingness to serve at the end of the survey.
Feedback received will guide and inform the development of the final Draft Standards for Continuing Certification, which will be considered by the ABMS Board of Directors in October 2021.