2017-2018 Academic Year Award
Applications Accepted July 1- Sept. 30, 2017
Through the Foundation, Montgomery County Medical Society will award two $2,000 scholarships to qualified medical students.
The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society is pleased to administer this scholarship for medical students who are residents of Montgomery County. This scholarship is made possible by contributions from Montgomery County Medical Society and physicians.
Eligibility for scholarship applicants:
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Applicant must be a Montgomery County resident in the state of Pennsylvania at the time of high school graduation or for at least 4 years prior to registering as a medical student.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in a fully accredited United States medical school.
- Applicant must be enrolled or entering his/her first year of medical school.
Applicant must submit:
- A completed application form.
- Two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant’s integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a physician.
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant’s medical school, verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a first-year medical student at that institution.
- A typed one-page essay addressing the following: reasons for pursuing a medical career, personal goals, and plans for future within the profession.
Deadlines and Notifications
Application materials must be postmarked by September 30 of the current year. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision in December of the current year.
Application materials should be mailed to:
Montgomery CMS-Lander Scholarship
c/o The Foundation
777 East Park Drive
P.O. Box 8820
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8820
Phone: (717) 558-7852 or (717) 558-7854
Fax: (717) 558-7818