2017-2018 Academic Year Award
A qualified medical student will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship.
Applications Accepted July 1 - Sept. 30, 2017
The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society is pleased to administer the LeCoMASE Fund Scholarship for medical students who are residents of Lehigh County. This scholarship is made possible by contributions from the Lehigh County Medical Auxiliary's Scholarship and Educational (LeCoMASE) Fund.
Eligibility for scholarship applicants:
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Applicant must be a resident of Lehigh county in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Applicant must be a Pennsylvania resident from Lehigh county for at least 12 months prior to registering as a medical student (not including time spent attending an under graduate or graduate school).
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in a fully accredited United States medical school.
Applicant must submit:
- A completed scholarship application form.
- Two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant's integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician. Note: One reference letter must be from either a medical school professor or a physician.
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant's medical school verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a medical student at that institution.
- A typed one-page essay addressing your goals and expectations in medicine.
Deadlines and Notifications
Application materials must be postmarked by September 30 of the current year. Applicants will be notified of the committee's decision in December of the current year.
FINALIST MAY BE CALLED FOR A PERSONAL INTERVIEW BY THE COMMITTEE.
Application materials should be mailed to:
c/o The Foundation
777 East Park Drive
P.O. Box 8820
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8820
Tel: (717) 558-7852 or (717) 558-7854
Fax: (717) 558-7818