Giving to a charitable organization such as the Foundation carries personal meaning for each donor. Whether a Foundation program touched your life or you simply want to help others, a special connection is formed between you as the donor and the cause.
Strengthen the Foundation
By giving to improve programs and services, donors enhance the Foundation's ability to attract more donors. This renewing cycle allows the Foundation to build on its successes and grow in value to the medical community and the patients they serve.
Show Appreciation or Pay Tribute
Gifts in Appreciation express donors' gratitude for how the Foundation has touched their lives — often through loans, scholarships, recovery services, or philanthropic endeavors.
Tribute Gifts are Honorary Gifts or Memorial Gifts.
- Honorary Gifts help donors to recognize the accomplishments of family, friends, colleagues, or leaders in the medical community.
- Memorial Gifts create a lasting remembrance of people who hold special meaning.
When you make a Gift in Appreciation or a Tribute Gift, honorees or their families will receive acknowledgment of your gifts. Also, your name will be recognized in the
Foundation's Annual Report.
Giving to Named Funds
Did you know that you can designate your gift to any program or existing named fund, or, you can establish a new named fund? Details ...
Tax and Income Benefits
- Income tax savings through a charitable deduction for the value of a gift
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on contributions of appreciated securities or property
- Elimination of federal estate tax on the value of a gift passing to the Foundation under a will or revocable trust
- Potential reduction in estate administration costs
- Life income for donors and/or others through life income gifts
- Potentially higher spendable income from life income gift arrangements
Your contribution to the Foundation can be leveraged if your company participates in a matching gift program. Contact your human resources department to find out-it's a great way for your company to support causes important to employees.
Newsletter Feature Articles: Connections