Kerry Royer, Foundation Communications Director
The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society
Phone: (717) 558-7847, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 30, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Foundation Offers Low-Interest Loans to Pennsylvania Medical Students
HARRISBURG, Pa. - The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society is accepting applications from students attending a fully accredited Pennsylvania medical school. Additionally, the student must be a Pennsylvania resident for at least 12 months prior to attending medical school and not for the sole purpose of obtaining an undergraduate degree.
Here are a few highlights of the loans program:
- No application or origination fees.
- Individual loan awards up to $10,000 (minimum $6,000).
- No payments required during school or graduate training (i.e., internship, residency, or fellowship training).
- Deferment up to five years for graduate training.
- Interest rate will not exceed six percent during school or graduate training.
- School and deferment interest rate is 91-day, T-Bill note plus a margin based upon the first academic year that loan funds were obtained.
- First loan award obtained prior to July 1, 2013: the margin is 2.0 percent.
- First loan award obtained on or after July 1, 2013: the margin is 3.5 percent.
- May choose monthly installments following graduate training by signing a new promissory note for an Amortizing Loan.
- Amortizing Loan Note term is up to 10 years with a fixed interest rate.
Application submission deadlines are as follows:
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Applications should be sent directly to the Foundation's office by
June 1, 2017.
Pennsylvania medical school
Applications must be submitted to school's financial aid office by
May 15, 2017.
To apply, download the appropriate application from the website and submit it according to the submission instructions. Call (717) 558-7852, or visit the Student Financial Services page under
www.foundationpamedsoc.org for more information. Also, please check out information about medical education scholarships.
The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society provides programs and services for individual physicians and others that improve the well-being of Pennsylvanians and sustain the future of medicine. Visit us at