Do these 5 health care office scenarios sound familiar?
- Your staff meetings are starting to feel like Groundhog Day.
- You have staff members who won’t hold themselves accountable for their behavior.
- You’re expected to be the “bad cop” when it comes to employee reviews.
- You’re being pulled in multiple directions as you work to build relationships with clinicians.
- You run into a brick wall of resistance whenever you try to make positive changes.
If so, you’re not alone!
When: Thursday, July 19
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Networking breakfast begins at 8 a.m., lunch will be provided)
Where: PAMED, 777 East Park Dr., Harrisburg, PA, 17111
Join us for the Pennsylvania Medical Society’s (PAMED) hands-on practice administrator leadership training to:
- Network with your peers and enhance leadership skills.
- Improve your skills in employee engagement, encouraging team building and collaboration.
- Identify your communication style and adapt it to have productive conversations.
- Express your innovation by learning how to strategically implement new ideas.
This course is available to PAMED members only! Not yet a member? Many practice administrators are eligible for a free membership. Learn more by contacting our Knowledge Center at
855-PAMED4U (855-725-3348) or KnowledgeCenter@pamedsoc.org.
Catherine Baumgardner, PhD, MHA, FACHE
Catherine is President of Catherine Baumgardner & Associates, Inc., a consulting practice devoted to coaching organizational leaders in building cultures that engage employees. She is also a member of the faculty for the World Campus eMHA program at The Pennsylvania State University, and the Healthcare Quality and Safety Program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Catherine is an experienced health care executive with more than 20 years of day-to-day operational experience and is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives. In addition to hospital-wide inpatient and outpatient management, including roles such as Vice President-Quality, and oversite of hospital-wide quality and safety efforts, as well as support and clinical services, she has also worked with health insurance and physician practice management organizations. Catherine is passionate about customer experience, having trained with the Disney Institute and the Ritz Carlton, and has applied this experience to many healthcare settings. Her areas of research interest include organization development, workforce engagement, change leadership, and human resources issues related to talent management, recruitment and retention.
Catherine has a Doctor of Philosophy Degree from The Pennsylvania State University in Workforce Education and Development. She is also a graduate of The Ohio State University, with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and a Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration. In addition to being a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives, she holds memberships in the American Society of Healthcare Human Resources Administrators, the American Society of Training and Development, and the Society for Healthcare Marketing and Development. Catherine is a member of The Ohio State University Alumni Association Board of Directors.