What is a servant leadership champion?
A champion is an individual who has conscientiously and intentionally implemented one or more components of servant leadership into their interactions and engagement with co-workers, patients, colleagues, and groups with success.
If chosen, what does a servant leadership champion do?
PAMED wants to highlight great work in the area of servant leadership and help other PAMED members learn about ways to implement the components of servant leadership into their everyday lives. If you've successfully done so, we'd like to hear about it. We'll use your story to share with our membership and educate them on the successful use of servant leadership.
If chosen to be a servant leadership champion, here are things you might do!
- Record an interview discussing how you’ve implemented/benefitted from servant leadership in your healthcare setting (students, residents, system employed, private practice, administrators, academia, etc…)
- Write a blog entry describing a scenario or situation where servant leadership helped you overcome an obstacle or solve a problem with a patient or colleague.
- Record yourself discussing one of the pillars of servant leadership and provide a tip you find personally useful.
- Do a social media “take-over” walking us (PAMED members) through a “day in the life” as you highlight ways you live out servant leadership.
- Commit to talk with a group of physicians about Servant Leadership (practice, medical staff, section, etc…)