Friday, Oct. 13, 2017
Set up: 5:30-5:45 PM
Display: 8-10 PM (During the PAMED & PAMPAC Receptions)
Gain recognition and valuable feedback from practicing physicians from all over the state.
The top three places will be awarded gift cards valued at $100, $75, and $50, and will be featured in a PAMED publication.
- The deadline for abstract submissions is Sept. 15.
- All must be original works of medical student members.
- Only one student may present each unique poster.
- Entry is free as a PAMED member benefit. (To become a member, join online or call 855-PAMED4U (855-726-3348).
- Authors of entries accepted for the poster competition must be present Friday, Oct. 13 to discuss their submission for judging.
- All abstract submissions must be submitted online. If you have any questions or problems, please contact Aleesha Shaik, student coordinator and Medical Student Section (MSS) Vice Chair at Aleesha.Shaik@gmail.com or Margie Lamberson at PAMED at email@example.com.
- All submitters will be notified via e-mail by Sept. 30 if they have been selected to present at PAMED's annual poster contest.
- Research must be applicable to patient care in some way, either directly or as a basis for future work.
- The submissions must include all of the information on the application form, including, but not limited to:
- Abstract Title
- Presenter's Name and Contact Information
- Any Co-Authors
- Institution Affiliation
- Status of Research
- Graphs, figures, and photos should not be included in the submitted abstract, but should be incorporated into the poster for presentation.
- A panel of medical students will select the top 10 abstracts to be presented at PAMED's House of Delegates and Annual Education Conference in Hershey on Oct. 13.
- Invited posters are to be prepared in advance. Bulletin board and pins will be provided.
- Posters should be no larger than 4'x6'.
- Posters should include: Title, authors, institution affiliations, and a detailed description of methods and clinical results. Graphs, tables, and photos are encouraged on posters.
- From 8 – 10 PM, judges will visit and examine each presentation. Authors must be available for questions and discussion during this time.
Judging and Awards
- Poster presentations will be judged on originality, scientific merit, clarity of content, organization and visualization of results, and overall presentation.
- Winners will be announced at the Medical Student Debates, held Saturday morning, Oct. 14, at 10:30 AM